Wednesday, May 31, 2017

ALJO

I played bari in the Atlanta Latin Jazz Orchestra last night. The music is really challenging and the band is stacked with great players, some of whom were able to sightread this stuff! I had to do a lot of practicing the week before just to keep up. We even had a good, appreciative crowd who came and dug the music.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm having what I guess is performance anxiety lately. I find myself dreading going to gigs, and the urge to get up and run out the door during the first five songs is powerful. Once I settle in I'm ok, but...yeah, I don't know what's going on. Things aren't good. Maybe it's better that I don't have any gigs for the next week.