Friday, May 16, 2014

Duo with Dave


David Ellington and I played a sax/organ duo gig last night.  It's always fun doing a hit with Dave, and we've got a fun batch of tunes going.  The gig is easy, the pay is good, the hang is terrific, and the food is great!  What more could you want?

That said, I am playing like SHIT these days.  My hands don't work anymore...maybe it's the connection between my head and my hands, but I'm forcing every note that comes out of my horn right now.  There's no flow at all--I feel really stiff, and my musical phrasing feels tongue-tied. The stuff I played tonight sounded ok, but I was working way too hard at it.

Anyway, here's what we did.  My hamburger was delicious.  Fries were ok.  Sometimes I think about ordering something different, but...that's not me.