Thursday, March 6, 2014

We All Fall Down

Big fun...I tried to squeeze in an Ash Wednesday church gig after teaching yesterday.  Unfortunately, I-75 southbound was shut down due to an accident, so I tried some nifty rerouting that bit me in the butt.  By the time I'd started and stopped all the way down highway 41 and then weaved my way down Northside Drive, and then parked about a half a mile from the church, I was twenty minutes late.  Ouch!


Showing up paid off, though.  For one thing, the piano mic was on top of the lid for the piano (difficult to hear through an inch of wood), and it wasn't turned on anyway.  I got that up and running and reset the gain on the guitar.  Whomever had set this stuff up hadn't bothered to set up a mic for me (or brought a mic stand from the other side of the room), so I considered not playing at all.  I set up my horns and played acoustically, which turned out to be just fine.  I could hear me and I could hear the piano.  After a couple of days of playing flute, my face was back, and things actually sounded good!  Yay!

Yacht Rock is on the road a lot over the next 10 days:

Thursday, Nashville (Mercy Lounge)
Friday, Indianapolis (The Vogue)
Saturday, Chicago (Lincoln Theatre)
Sunday-Thursday, Las Vegas (private event)
Friday after that, New York City (Gramercy Theatre)
Saturday, Costa Rica (private event)