Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Georgia Theatre


Yacht Rock played a great show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens Saturday night.  The circumstances were a bit unusual in that there was a charity boxing match before us…?  Wait, what?  I'm not sure, but we loaded in around 7:30 PM and played at 10:15 PM.


Good show!  We did one big two hour set to a full house.  Everybody played well, and the stage sound was a bit quieter (and better) than usual.  I'm not sure why--I want to believe that as the sound guys have figured out how to make us sound good in this room, and don't try and mix us like we're some heavy rock band.  On stage, I think it was just the luck of starting from scratch with the monitor guy, and things never got turned up too loud in soundcheck.



We made good time getting back to Atlanta.  I think I was in bed by 3:30 AM.

I managed to stay awake through my church gig Sunday night.  Not always an easy thing.