Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A New Year of Sundaze

So…post California.  Here I am.

My AM church gig died.  I got an email from the head honcho saying that they weren't going to keep me in the rotation of weekly services this year.  I'll be brought in for specific stuff, and hopefully some of the orchestra stuff (like my big clarinet performance a couple of weeks back).  Booooo.  I'm assuming that it has to do with the music budget and not my performance.  Perhaps the Playboy bunny pictures did me in.

My PM church gig is alive and well.  Still kind of a snoozer, musically.  My personal highlight was playing the flute riff to Marshall Tucker's Can't You See over something (I can't remember what song it was).  I bet when people look at me and see tears in my eyes, they have no idea that I'm crying because of self-amusement.

Big shows this week!  My quartet is playing at Churchill Grounds (next to the Fox Theatre) this Wednesday, January 15 at 9 PM.  Also, Please Pleaserock Me (Yacht Rock plays the Beatles) is back at Smith's Olde Bar this Friday, January 17, also at 9 PM.

A nifty video of us playing Year of the Cat with Al Stewart last weekend in L.A.  Saxophone tuning is optional.



Also a preview of our installment of Ronn's Garage: