Friday, June 28, 2013

Fish Food

Long day yesterday…

I started with a Yacht Rock rehearsal for tonight's Dazed and Confused show.  It's a little outside of our normal batch of tunes--more stoner rock and less polyester.  Not too bad.  There are a couple of tunes where I have nothing to play.

From there, I loaded in to the Aquarium at 1 for a 2 PM rehearsal for a House Live gig.  It turned out that we really didn't need to be at the rehearsal (it was more for rehearsing the speeches and awards).  Mostly, I did this.




Somewhere in the middle, we squeezed in a thirty second line check, and then we left for pizza and beer.


A few hours later, Jeremy, Wayne, and I returned to play the show.  Two hours to go!  The room looked great.  A billion LEDs and other cool lighting effects lit up the ballroom.  We played thirty minutes, stopped for ten minutes, played ten minutes, stopped for twenty minutes, played thirty minutes, and then hung out for thirty minutes until we could pull our gear off the stage.  Pretty easy.  The only thing that was a drag was that the band was really spread out across the stage with no monitors, so we couldn't hear what the other two guys were playing.  Sometimes I could hear the beat from the DJ, but never the key, so random noodling prevailed.  I have no idea what Wayne was doing. I guess it was quiet enough in the room that it didn't matter that nothing we played gelled.

So be it!  I was home at 10 PM.