Friday, March 23, 2012

Blah

The 10 High was pretty blah last night.  The whole night was a grind.

1.  I turned on my Nord, and half the sounds were missing.  Pianos, yes;  upright piano, yes;  rhodes, no; wurly, no;  clav, no;  mellotron, yes.  What the hell?  All you could hear was what sounded like the return on the effects, so it was just a small amount of rhodes with a lot of reverb (the fundamental sound was not there).  Why?  Don't know.  I was able to work around it with the other keyboard.  Glad it didn't happen at a monster gig where I would have been closer to suicidal.

2.  Egnater pointed at me.  Why?  Don't know.


3.  A constant stream of cigarette smoke from the pack of over 50s swingers.  I know they're harmless, but they creep me out (and no, I will not hug you) and they chain smoke right in front of me the entire night.  Why can't they go bug Bencuya for a while?

4.  Annoying middle aged women who think they're MILFs because they've given birth.  No, you can't wear my hat.  No, you can't have the tambourine.  No.

The stripper hanging out with a local radio personality:  "I love your sax playing.  I play alto saxophone."

Me:  "Cool!  Thanks for coming out tonight."  I never know what to say to that…what you did in middle school band and what I do now are veeeerrrry far apart.

Stripper:  "Why are you standing alone in the dark?"

Me:  "There's no one in here that I want to talk to."

Stripper:  "Oh.  Sorry."

That's the way it went.

I plugged in the Nord today and everything works fine, which leads me to believe that even my equipment hates the 10 High.

davidfreemanmusic.net