November 2 Quartet

I had the pleasure of playing a nice quartet gig at CNN Center Wednesday night.  The band this time was Louis Heriveaux on keyboard, Kevin Smith on bass, and Marlon Patton on drums.  Great playing!  It was a real pleasure to have these guys play with me--each one has a strong personality on his instrument.    There were lots of creative moments…and I tried to keep up!

Here's audio from the gig:



For the most part, we played to an empty room (it was more like a canyon).  The first set was supposed to be a cocktail hour, so the crowd was off to the side.  The second set was a buffet dinner, but even then it was only a couple of hundred people spread out.  It didn't feel like much.



They ignored us; we ignored them.  A lady who got on the elevator with me after the gig asked where I was playing, and her friend said "He was playing the whole night!"  The first lady replied, "I must have missed it."  Yep.

davidfreemanmusic.net

September 2026

Whew! September continued the busy touring of August. But first...an update on the Nord! I contacted Nord and asked them how to get my keybo...