Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Gigs!

I had two gigs yesterday.

The first gig was an awards night for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.  I've played this event for the past four years--I'm getting the hang of it!  We played an hour an a half dinner set, and then walk-ups for the awards ceremony, and then one song to send 'em out the door.  Easy!  Everything was great about this one:  we played my tunes with no volume restrictions, we were fed (chicken, green beans, and something…orzo?), they validated our parking, the gig ended early…yes!  It's was great.

The band was Tyrone Jackson, Kevin Smith, and Justin Chesarek on drums.  This was the first gig Justin and I have ever done together.  Success!  Everybody played well.

Coolest moment…Tyrone picked up on the end of my solo on Beth Ann at the last chord change.  I don't know how to describe it--it was just awesome.

Here's the audio:



After this gig ended, I raced over to the 10 High and played the Yacht Rock gig.

This was the best 10 High gig I've played in a long time.  Everybody played well and the energy was good.  We were being silly, too, but musically things felt great.  I wish they were all like this!

I got a couple of good solos in…I was really loose from the earlier gig.  My sax was way up in my monitor--abusively loud.  Ha!

We went on break after I'd really torn it up on Takin' it to the Streets, and some girl told me that the band was great and I was a really awesome singer.  Must not have been tearing it up like I thought.

I've got another two gigs tomorrow…when it rains, it pours, I guess.

davidfreemanmusic.net