Friday, June 10, 2011

As Mark Cobb Goes, So Goes the Band

Wow!  Great gig last night at the 10 High.  The band was really happening.

It looked for a minute like we wouldn't even have a gig.  Fifteen minutes before we were scheduled to begin, there was one guy in the room (other than the band).



People came downstairs right as we began.  Just in time!

Back to the show…we played great!  Mark Cobb was on fire.  I think it was the best that he's played (on an entire gig) in a couple of months.  He had a great groove and just the right amount of aggression, and the rest of the band fell in behind him.  The whole night was like that.  Every song felt great.  Plus, Vistalites in the 10 High!  Hell yeah!


I played pretty well.  I played a wrong chord in the intro to Lonely Boy.  Damnit!  I was thinking about where to play octaves in my left hand in the prechorus, and I forgot to change chords in the intro.  Oops. I hate that I messed that up--we play it so rarely, it'll be months before I have another opportunity.  Plus, it was just a dumb mistake--not something that I can't play.

After a couple of weeks, I finally got a good solo on Taking it to the Streets.  More logic, less BS.

We bailed on Kiss You All Over.  Booooooo.

All in all, a really fun night.  I hope the whole weekend goes like this.

davidfreemanmusic.net