Friday, November 5, 2010

Thursday at the 10 High

Yacht Rock had a really fun gig last night at the 10 High.  All the regular guys were there except Pete, who's on baby duty right now.

It looked like it would be another thin crowd, but people kept filtering in through the break in between sets.  I think it got MORE crowded during the break, instead of people bailing out.  

Mark Bencuya dedicated Saturday in the Park to Sparky Anderson.

We played Lovely Day early in the second set, and that song got a really good reaction from the crowd.  After Nick made a comment about people liking Bill Withers, we kind of fell into Use Me.  I picked up my alto and played all over it.  The groove was good, my volume was good, my reed was good...I got closer to sounding like David Sanborn than ever before.  It was AWESOME!  Highlight of the night for me.