Thursday, November 11, 2010

GE Part WR17X11705

You're probably wondering what I've been doing this week.  Not playing gigs!  It's been an incredible year of work, and this just happens to be a slow week.

Last night I did some recording for a guy...he sent me the charts and an mp3 and I recorded flute and clarinet parts for him.  I like doing it this way--recording at home.  I think that's the way a lot of projects will come about in the future, especially with guys who are organized enough to have music written out for you.  I always like that!  It's much easier than having someone sing something to you and then say, "harmonize it!"  Better yet is the "just play what you feel."  I could definitely be doing that from home!

It was easy, too.  I just dragged the mp3 into Logic, made a track, plugged in my microphone, and away I went.  Technology is awesome.

My other major accomplishment was in fixing the ice machine in our refrigerator.  That'd be GE part WR17X11705 (the ice auger).  Cost me $25 and a half hour.  If the gigs dry up, that's what I'll be doing full time.

davidfreemanmusic.net