Thursday, September 2, 2010

Main Street Exiles

Tonight was the first night of the Main Street Exiles' residency at the 10 High.  We played the same set we played a few weeks earlier.

This is not a huge gig for me, playing-wise.  There are some horn parts--I guess you never really think about the Rolling Stones having horn parts, but Bobby Keys has been playing with them forever!  (the current band also has Andy Snitzer on saxophone).  There are some things to play.  That said, I probably have more responsibility as the percussionist.

Here's the solo on Miss You.  It's a typical chart for this gig--wait, wait, WAIT!!, eight measure solo, and you're done.



The crowd was horrible!  Or should I say, "What crowd?"  I don't think there were ever more than ten people in the audience.  Because of that, we played kind of a low energy/rehearsal kind of show.  It was sad.

I personally didn't have a bad night (none of us did), but I did step on the wrong pedal for Bitch, so all my stuff was a fifth apart instead of a fourth.  Oops.

I'm leaving this morning to go on the Zac Brown Sailing Southern Ground cruise, on our way to Grand Cayman. I'll have a blog update early next week.
davidfreemanmusic.net