Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aquarium Gig!


Last night I did a House Live gig with Jeff and Wayne at the Georgia Aquarium.


The gig started with me playing solo saxophone for an hour in the main atrium.  About five minutes into the gig, they asked me to move one foot to my left--"closer to the table with the imaginary couple enjoying your music!" the guy said.

I answered "They'll soon be filling my imaginary tip jar, I hope."  No luck.  Our parking did get comped, though.


After that, I joined up with the other guys in the ballroom.  Not much to report;  it was kind of a dull, low volume gig.  I couldn't hear the track well enough to even know what key I was supposed to be in.  We had fun, though.

My soprano is officially in need of repair.  I was using one of my less favorite reeds, and it felt dull and resistant, so I carved on it with my pocketknife.  When that failed to do the trick, I tried a new reed.  Same results--dull and resistant.  So I tried my number one reed--same result!  Must be a leak.  My alto feels good, and my flute's happy.

davidfreemanmusic.net