Saturday, August 28, 2010

Schooner

I played at the Wild Wing in Suwanee with the Schooner last night, with Greg Lee subbing for Ganesh Giri Jaya, and Dustin subbing for Mike Bielenberg.  They were a bit flat compared to last night, I thought.

The monitor that I shared was a bit grumpy.  During soundcheck it was fine because I wasn't quite standing on top of it.  Once we started playing the gig, however, my microphone began feeding back--a low end thing that kept cycling until it would roar.  The soundman fixed it pretty quickly by removing me from the monitor completely!  No more feedback.  No more audible saxophone on stage, either.  Thanks, dude.  A bit drastic, I would say.

I got bored pretty quickly and ended up overplaying--lots of saxophone in spots (intros, bridges) where it didn't belong.

My horns are getting a bit leaky.  I can always tell when my tenor needs to be looked at because the altissimo A and Bb become much easier to miss.  Last night the Bb was going low--I had to kick it to make it come out.  I switched over to my backup for today's events.

I'm off to an early Yacht Rock wedding--8 AM load in at the Aquarium!  Ouch.

Here are two extra cool pictures from this past Tuesday's Greater Vavoom gig.























davidbfreemanmusic.net