Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bizzay!

As you can tell by the fact that I am not around updating this blog as often as I used to, things are crazy busy right now.  Here's a quick off the top of my big bald head recap:

Friday was a House Live gig (me on saxes and flute, Wayne Viar on percussion, and Jeff Burnisky as DJ), playing some sort of private function downtown.  I recorded it so you can get some idea what it sounds like  (though you can't hear the DJ very well--poor microphone placement on my part!).  Here's a picture:




This was a fun gig, and we ended up getting free food at the place across the street!  Baja something...it was good!  Here (hopefully) are mp3 clips:

Saturday was a benefit for the daughter of Blackberry Smoke drummer Britt Turner.  Yacht Rock played a couple of songs at the Peachtree Tavern.  I've never been in there before!  I probably will never go in there again!  Here's a picture (that's me in the background between the guitar and bass):


Sunday night was my usual church gig.  Nothing new to report there.

Monday night I recorded a couple of solo flute things.  You can find them on my website here.  It's Jesu and the two Partita excerpts right above the picture.

That's that!  Tomorrow night is the first Beatles tribute thing at Smith's Olde Bar, brought to you by the guys from Yacht Rock.  The rehearsals sound good, so I'm predicting big things!  As a warm up, I am playing a private jazz trio gig downtown.  I should be flat worn out by tomorrow night.
www.davidfreemanmusic.net