Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day work


I had the weekend off (in other words, I didn't work Saturday night). It felt like it went by in about twenty minutes. I cleaned house Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning I got up and drove to Peachtree City to pick up Jack. Then we went to my parents' house and got my baseball glove and fishing pole. All of the sudden it was Sunday afternoon and I was trying to keep Jack occupied for the couple of hours before my church gig. We went swimming--I felt like I was jumping over the side of the Titantic. When I came up from underwater, I expected ice chunks to be floating around me. We swam for a little bit (and I did get used to the cold water) and then we walked across the street and tried fishing. I threw the line out and it settled, and Jack declared "This is taking FOREVER!!" We crossed back over and went swimming again (still cold).
I went and played my church gig. Nobody was at church. Nothing else to report. I wore my other new suit. I looked good.
Sunday night I watched Quantum of Solace and Frost/Nixon. Both were pretty good. I'm not sure what Quantum was about, but it sure looked cool. Frost/Nixon is one of those where I think it was good, but I could easily be persuaded that it was merely average.
I woke up late in the morning today (Monday). After some standard computer stuff (reading the news), I took Jack and Reggie to my parents' house. I then headed into Buckhead for a recording session for a guy named Jesus (not like "Hey Zeus", but like "Jesus Christ"). I played flute stuff on a very somber tune. We (Jesus, me, and producer Greg Lee of Yacht Rock fame) worked on it for about an hour and a half. I'm not sure what it was about, but it was in G. I played some pads and some real basic ideas that kind of floated along.
I went back and hung out with Jack, Reggie, and my parents. We ate hamburgers. We went for a walk.
I'm watching the Miami/Florida State game. It's a shame how these programs have changed. When I was in high school (in Florida), both teams had some of the fastest, most freakishly athletic guys in college football. I'm talking about Jimmy Johnson's teams, and Deion's stretch in there. Now they look like really good high school teams. Weird. I think Florida State will win.
I love you Erin Andrews.
I'm thinking Slumdog Millionaire tonight. Maybe.