Practicing for me is all about staying comfortable on the instrument. I want to be able to execute any idea I hear in my head, and I want to make sure that I'm getting a good sound. Practice is a major part of my job, and when I don't get a chance to practice, I'm not doing my job.
Practice=Comfort
I practiced alot yesterday. The best day of my life? I wouldn't go that far, but the best day I've had in a long time. I got my clarinet stuff out of the way before my first student showed up. Then I knocked out my flute stuff in the gap between him and the rest of my students. Then I did my sax stuff after supper. In little bits and pieces I played some piano (ok, really I just played Lonely Boy some more, but my hands hit the keys, so it counts).
September 2026
Whew! September continued the busy touring of August. But first...an update on the Nord! I contacted Nord and asked them how to get my keybo...
-
This week, Yacht Rock is headed out of town on a cruise. We're actually headed out to play a gig on a boat! In anticipation of this ...
-
Picking up from the end of February, where we'd just played a show in Ft Worth, and now were leaving the bus tour to go and play a one-o...
-
Wednesday, April 1-Sunday, April 5, 2026: Kennesaw, GA. Work in the theater pit continued with a few more long (five hour!) rehearsals and t...