Thursday, July 30, 2009

new photos added


It's raining today. You can't hear it over the computer, but my grass is applauding.

I found several pictures of last weekend's Y.O.U. CD release show on Mixtape Atlanta. The ones with me magically made their way to my website. You can view them here.

It's been a slow week for news. I've been practicing the Mucyznski Times Pieces for clarinet and the strings (keyboard) for Christopher Cross' Sailing.

Oooh, here's an update: last night I did a gig with a DJ and percussionist for some technology thing at the Hyatt downtown--one of those things with booths and florescent lighting. I got there an hour before the gig, and the DJ and percussionist we already set up, so I plugged into the PA and I was ready. Right when the gig was supposed to start, the client decided to move us across the room to another location (some big client was worried we'd be too loud for his customers). So...they moved us in a corner next to someone else, who immediately started complaining about the potential volume. So we played with the speakers almost backwards, and me playing nothing louder than acoustic flute. As thankful as I am for the gig, I hope whomever hired us realizes that was a dumb use of the band he'd hired. Seen but not heard!
I will say that I saw somebody with one of the 24 inch Mac cinema screens. Man, that was sweet!