Monday, December 12, 2011

Church Stuff

I made it to both my church gigs yesterday…

Church gig number one had a different drummer again.  I'm not sure if the usual guy has not been available, or if the church is shopping for a new guy.  This week's guy was pretty good.

We had Tommy Dodd, steel guitarist extraordinaire, once again.  It didn't appear to be a special occasion…I'm guessing they'll bring him in whenever they feel like it.  Evidently the budget can handle it.

Other than that, it was pretty ho-hum.  We had a piece with a children's choir and a couple of pieces with an adult choir.  Not much for me to do.

Last week was the big holiday show.  I was not invited to participate.  The rest of the band wanted to know where I was.  I said, "At home."  They said, "Your name was in the program."

Church gig number two was ok.  I was informed that the ushers complained of multiple instances during the past few weeks of distortion when the band was playing.  Maybe that was happening when I wasn't there, but we've never had distortion when I was running the board.  Once the band got up and running, and walked to the back of the church.  One of the ushers was there.  I said, "Is it distorting?"  "No."  "Right.  So go to hell."

davidfreemanmusic.net