Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Trio #3

So...Monday morning began with a rehearsal for the upcoming Purple Rain show in Piedmont Park.  Thank god I write charts for this stuff so that when we do something like this I don't have to start from scratch.  A few run throughs on Sunday night and I was ready to roll.  Rehearsal was no problem.


Monday evening I had one more trio gig (my first trio gig of the year was last Wednesday, and then in six days I've now had three).  This one had Kevin on bass and Tyrone Jackson on keyboard.  Once again, I took a feed off of the mixer, guessing on the levels.  The bass is a little hot on this one, until the last couple of tunes where the bass disappeared!  I think Kevin's amp got too hot and shut down.


This gig was in the mall.  Not the most exciting bandstand there among the housewares, overlooking the escalator.  Nonetheless, it was another opportunity to play some of my music!  

Dig Tyrone's shirt and check out the tunes: