Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Thursday/Friday

More gigs! Thursday night, I joined Scott Glazer's Mojo Dojo for a gig at Blind Willie's. Also in the band were Kenyon Carter (saxophone), Jez Graham (keyboard), Nick Johnson (guitar), and Jack Jones (drums). What a group! It inspired me to some of my best playing in months. I always think, "Blind Willie's...ugh..." but the energy and chops of the group draws something extra out of me.

Friday morning, Yacht Rock reconvened at the airport! We haven't flown to Indianapolis in almost forty days, so this seemed like the right time to go back. Also, someone had hired us to play a private gig in Carmel at the Lucas Oil Estate. It turns out that the estate is not a home, but a multi-acre event space.

I never did figure out for whom we were playing. Easy gig, though, and good backline. Nothing else to report.