Sunday, April 2, 2017

Zep/Who

Yacht Rock (plus special guest Peter Stroud) played a show of all Led Zeppelin and The Who last night at the Variety Playhouse. As you might imagine, not much for me to do--of the twenty-six songs, I played on nine (2 background vocals, 2 tambourine part, 2 keyboard parts, 2 horn parts, and 1 cowbell part). Lotta hanging around...

I watched a few songs from the floor...



Watched a few from the balcony...


Hung out in the green room...


Here's my chart for the beginning of Stairway to Heaven. I've seen a few others on the internet, and I don't agree with them.



All of the moving stuff (particularly the entire second line) was difficult to play smoothly with the sustain pedal (but not overlap anything). Also, I made the mistake of not hearing my part against the acoustic guitar at soundcheck--at the gig, I had to back my volume way down so I could hear (and stay in time) with Monkeyboy.

Quick load out from this one. I was home by 12:15 AM.